The aim of this course is to provide delegates with a theoretical knowledge of the safe operation of various Abrasive Wheels. This course includes a theory element, with a test being conducted at the various Abrasive Wheels. This course includes a theory element, Practical training involves another half day.
Topics covered during this course include:
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of the industry and their roles and responsibilities
- Demonstrate a knowledge and understanding of the equipment
- Demonstrate an understanding of the hazards and risks associated with using abrasive wheels
- Identify the different types of machines and discs and describe their uses
- Identify and select the appropriate PPE required for the type of work being carried out
- Describe how to safely maintain, transport, handle and store the machines and discs.