The aim of this course is to provide candidates with practical and theoretical knowledge in order to Familiarises delegates with the construction and operation of all types of lifting accessories, i.e. Chain Blocks and accessories, to allow them to examine items of equipment with confidence and complete the relevant documentation as per LOLER requirements.
Topics covered during this course include:
- Legislation: LOLER, PUWER, HASAWA.
- Codes of practice – BS7121 part 2, LEEA CoP
- Roles and responsibilities
- Types of Lifting accessories
- Documentation and certification for lifting accessories.
- Construction And Safe Working Loads
- Examination of Various Types Of Lose Lifting Gear
- Lifting Gear Rejection Criteria
- Cumulative Discard Factors Of Wire Ropes
- Normal Wear And Discard Criteria
- Lubrication And Maintenance
- Examination Certification and Contents as per LOLER Schedule 1
- Practical Demonstration on Fault Finding
- Completion of Examination Reports